Have you watched "Down Sized"

I have to admit, I'm hooked after 2 shows. Even though it blows my mind and irritates me all at the same time, plus leave me wanting to ask a few dozen questions.... like, how can you continue to go out to eat once a week knowing you can't pay the rent? What kind of lifes have you been living for the last 2 decades that your children are so accustomed to this lifestyle? She is a teacher and making $39,500 a year right now, but her dad gave her her mothers old Mercedes....so is she used to having a more luxirous lifestyle as well. I can't imagine going from 1.5 million a year 2 years ago to her salary and the hubby making in $2000 a month.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Entertainment

• I am understanding about their employment situation but not about their "spending" situation. They refuse to totally cut out going out to eat but have compromised to cutting it from $500 to $200 per month - in my opinion that is still a substantial amount and is 2/3 of the amount of rent money they were short in the first episode. She also refuses to cut out her coffee and has admitted it is the $5 a cup coffee from a coffee house. If DH and I were in that dire of straits we would have cut all of this out plus a lot of their other "needs". They still seem to want to live the high class life for appearance sake even though they cannot afford it. I am curious to watch more of the shows.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• no, they seem so spoiled and i get that just from the commercial lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• its pretty sad but california went down hard... i had to move cross country because of unemployment... left me feeling depressed
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• No. I don't tolerate people in real life who are like that, I sure don't want to watch them on TV. The y are the phony 'wannabees' and there are way too many of them. I do not feel sorry for them in the least. Their situation is one wholly of their own making. Nobody caused this but them. Live beyond your means long enough and the bottom always falls out.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We too have been hit hard with unemployment and such, our income is less than half what it used to be. But we both grew up poor .... as in my parents lived the first 6 years of my life with no running water, and 2 babies in cloth diapers and a ringer washer LOL So my hubby and I were smart with our money, paying off a car in 2 years when he was making a good income. And, yes, the one kid on there is pretty whiney and spoiled.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• havent watched it. Forgot it was on.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• yes i have it seems like a ok show
    dakotachrismom

Answer by dakotachrismom at 10:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• To whoever has the phony profile that sent the nasty message...You can think whatever you choose you don't know me or my situation. First off My husband and I both grew up poor. Because of that we were bl;essed to know how to save, and budget and NOT live above our means. We live a very comfortable life now. In the last 3 months My husbands company was subject to a hostile takeover. He was out of work 8 weeks. When he found a new job we took a $16,000 a yr paycut. It was barely a hiccup. Why..because we were prepared. Even when we had teenagers eating us out of house and home and lived essentially paycheck to paycheck we still managed to put a little something back every week.. Economizing is a way of life...not something you do just because you don't make much.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010