Do your children tell you they see ghosts? What would you tell them?

My SS (9yrs old) tells me he sees and plays with a little girl who has died in his Mothers house, he said he is not scared. What would you tell your child?

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• yes i do beleived children can see ghost because they might have a sixth sense.that we regular people dont have.animals have it.that why they can hear 10 times more then we can.we are all born deffrent in our own way, i beleive in ghost, and some stay around longer then others,because their not done with their work here on earth. then they move on to a better place.some take care of their love while the spirit move around. i hope that answer your question. take care! you dont have to see them to believe in it.
    iforgotit

Answer by iforgotit at 9:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I believe in this.....so I guess I would discuss it with him. At an appropriate age level discussion.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• well i truly believe that our children can see things we cannot see. they have a more innocent mind and they cannot distinguish what is real or not. it's like if you grew up hearing santa was real and no one ever told you different you would think he's still real as an adult. their mind changes as they are told what is supposedly real or not. but if your child says he/she is seeing something then ask questions about what they are seeing and what convos if any are they having. you will be amazed what you will hear back. believe me i know. i have a 4 yr old daughter.
    KheiyahIsLife

Answer by KheiyahIsLife at 9:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would try to flourish a gift like that. And too, like you want to do, educate them on the positive and negative spirits.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• well there are gohsts and Iv heard of similar stories of children playing with gohsts. If he isent scared than I wouldent wory about it children can see ghosts alot more than adults.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would like to help him understand them more and to keep the bad away! In a way to try to controle it
    jem102675

Comment by jem102675 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I ounce had a 6 or 7 year old tell me that there was seven gohst in my house.... kind creepy but they never hve bothered any body. I know of one of them in my house but I never saw her.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i have a 6 yo that sees ghosts too...deceased pets and people. i am ok with her as i am a believer. it gives her comfort so i am ok with it. i would not be too worried or discourage it. doesnt hurt anyone right?
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• People have said that only child see ghosts more than kids that have siblings.if he he isn't fazed by it than don't worry he will grow out of it.
    musicloverDebs

Answer by musicloverDebs at 2:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010