Why is it?

Why is it people that say they are open minded are so judge mental?I quit going to church to get away from it.But I am seeing on here that people that don't got to church are just as bad,if not worse.

bucky77

Asked by bucky77 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It has to do with personality, not religion or belief system. You'll find them everywhere. :-\
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Good question. I am very open minded about other religions and people's beliefs and I like to learn about other religions. But, I have come across some of the most hypocritical people in church and on this site.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have to agree, there are some terribly judgemental women on this site- must be nice to be perfect!!

I do have to say there are also some really great ladies too!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I totally have to agree with DragonRider. You can get 2 people from the same religion who act completely different when it comes to other peoples beliefs
    lovingedward

Answer by lovingedward at 9:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'll admit it - I'm judgmental of people who think gay marriage should be illegal because their bible tells them so. Same way they are judgmental of sharia law, yet seem incapable of recognizing how hypocritical they are.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I try to be as open minded as possible.. but I have a hard time with certain faiths because I am so jaded by their Dogma..like the Westboro Baptist Church people..omg I will never be able to accept those people.. ever.. no matter how much I try.. I have no respect for them.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 9:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Why are you so concerned about what other people think? To each his own and it is called God-given free will. Your relationship with God is personal between you and Him and it does not matter what other people think or say. As long as you feel that you are abiding by God, Universe, Higher Source or whatever you want to call HIM/Her's laws/commandments, why should it matter what other people think? Can They live your life for you? I agree with DragonRider that personality (five senses/worldliness) does often play into this attitude. We all are human and no one is perfect in this world. It is a fact of life. No sense stressing over it--just do not be around these type people.
    bamachild88

Answer by bamachild88 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Perhaps you should consider that the reason people seem so judgmental to you is that your answer to a 10+ page question was this:

.This is religious debate, if you don't want to hear people quoting the bible then go some were else

There is more than one religion on the planet.  Several hundred of them, actually.  If you want everyone to accept yours, you need to at least pretend to accept everyone else's.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We're women and mothers. Mothers are responsible for guiding their children but sometimes forget children are all they need to guide. Or maybe it's just the hormones?
    GracieBabysMom

Answer by GracieBabysMom at 1:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I understand completely. I found that "finding god" did not change a bastard into a saint. It doesn't make them less judgemental. It doesn't change destructive behaviors like smoking or promiscuity. And that kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it. Is their god really REAL, if he can't change their lives? Or is he just in their minds?
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2010