Pineapple Upside down cake

So the recipes says I have to use a cast iron skillet and I dont have one or have money to go by one right now. Is there any other recipes for it that dont call for one????

LoLLiPoPm0m

Asked by LoLLiPoPm0m at 9:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• This is how I make it. I use a pineapple cake mix. Instead of putting the water in they call for, I use the pineapple juice from the can. I put the pineapples in the bottom of my cake pan. I sprinkle brown sugar and chunks of butter on top of the pineapple ( I use chunked pineapple too, not the rings). Then I pour the cake batter on top and bake as directed. Simple and declicious!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Method
    1 Start by making the caramel topping. Take brown sugar and butter and combine and melt in a saucepan on medium heat until sugar dissolves and the mixture is bubbly, this should take several minutes. (After sugar melts, don't stir.) Pour mixture into a 10 inch diameter stick-free cake pan with 2 inch high sides. Arrange pineapple slices in a single layer ontop of the caramel mixture.

2 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Whisk the flours, almonds, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the sugar and butter together until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream in 2 additions each, beating well after each addition. Pour cake batter over caramel and pineapple in pan.

3 Bake cake until tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i would just use a regular cake pan do to it. it does not make that big of a difference in the end.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 12:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Use a cake pan. Depending on the recipe you may need to use a 9x13 oblong pan or 2 8" cake pans. What size cast iron skillet does it say to use?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Im sure you can use a reg. cake pan...
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010