my daughters pediatrition changed her formula and he gave me the paper to take to wic but i allready cashed the vouchers will they give me new vouchers for that month ? or will they make me give them back?

valeriesmom16

Asked by valeriesmom16 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you will have to return all the formula you got with the other vouchers to wic before they will give you vouchers for the new formula. even take in the one you have opened already.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• or they will have your dd start the next month.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• In my state, you take back any unopened cans of formula and they then give you new checks. I can advise you to do this.... when introducing a new formula you need to do it gradually to not shock the babies system. I make 4 cups of formula at a time and fill bottles for the 24 hour period. So when we introduced a different formula, I did it scoop by scoop. Or by 2 scoops. So add 1 scoop of new formula and 15 of old and adjust it by 1 scoop each time you mix formula. Plus having bottles made ahead of time means you aren't adding air bubbles to the formula, which adds to any digestion problems they could be having. Letting them sit gives time for the air to settle out.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I had to take in all the formula I received from cashing in the vouchers to my WIC office and they then gave me new vouchers. It should be the same way at your office. They will not take back any open cans and you will only get vouchers for the amount of cans you give them.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 9:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If you have already used any of the vouchers for that month they will not change until the next month. If you still had them all then you could take them in and trade them for ones with the new formula.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• the above answers sound really good..if u cannot do this tho, try taking it back to a store for exchange only. some will some wont. smaller stores ussually are more flexible as long as the dates are good.
    mcba0430

Answer by mcba0430 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010