Tips to induce ..

I found out this morning that I am a fingertip dilated at almost 38 weeks. (YAY!) I wasn't dilated at ALL until today's appointment. Well, I wanted to know some ways to help induce labor? I am being induced next week, and doctor gave me the go-ahead to try and do it myself. Since I am no longer not dilated at all, I thought maybe some different methods would work. (By the way - please do not say that the baby will come when he's ready, I KNOW, and do not say that I shouldn't be induced, it's for medical reasons!) .. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• SEX...
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 2:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Squatting with or with out the use of a large ball helps gravity push things along. Nipple stimulation, particularly while during a hot shower helps many. Walking, sex with internal ejacualtion, and mildy strenuos house work have all helped move things along for me as well...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2008