How do you get everything done?

I spent my day today doing laundry. I just put my last load in the dryer and its 9:38 pm on Sunday. I feel like I spend all day Sunday doing the laundry for the week... clothes for the kids, hubby and me, towels, and sheets. I also do my housework. I just feel like I totally miss out on my Sunday, but things have to get done. I know I should not save the laundry for Sunday, but I don't know when else to do it. Do you have a schedule or plan for laundry and housework? How do you get everything done?

Thanks!

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• When there's a load of laundry, toss it in. Then it doesn't build up. Do a load a day.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I don't
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• There's a website called Motivated Moms that has a schedule for it - I started with that years ago, and over time, modified it to suit our home. I have it down now to where cleaning takes about 30 minutes a day, and I do a load of laundry a day. If it doesn't get done in the 30 minutes, nobody will die. I'm also not specific about sorting the laundry - stuff washed in hot, stuff washed in cold, that's it. Nobody is going to catch an incurable case of cooties if DS's underwear and my bedsheets go in the same load.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• my laundry day is when i have no clothes to wear lol
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Put a load of laundry in every morning right after you get up. Then put in the dryer before you leave the house and fold at night while watching TV or during baby's nap. Do this every day and you don't feel like you have to do it all at once. Also if your kids are older they can help. My 8 yr old loves to fold and my 10 yr old can wash his own sheets. Even my 2yr old likes to help putting the clothes in the dryer. Letting your husband fold laundry while watching the game is a great way to get things done.
    asulimma

Answer by asulimma at 9:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I do laundry every two weeks...I go to the laundry mat and get it all done at once. It takes two hours to do 12 loads of laundry :) My stuff around the house is never completely done. I just take one room a day and clean it the best I can. I then just tidy up the rest of the rooms and make sure the dishes are done.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I live in an apt so I have to share the washer and dryer with other families. I literally have to keep an eye on the laundry room cause my neighbor and his son always leave their clothes in the washer and dryer. This neighbor is my landlord, so Im pretty much stuck on their schedule. I spent all day today doing laundry too since they had their laundry stuck in there for the past 2 days. I almost went to a laundry mat today. I could get a whole bunch of loads done at one time. I really miss having my own washer and dryer. Thats the only thing Im forced to do on someone elses schedule. But Im super alert about it. I will throw a load in, just b/c...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• its hard i have a 5 month old and i either get up before she wakes , when shes taking a nap and when she finally goes to sleep at night.
    valeriesmom16

Answer by valeriesmom16 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I don't get it all done. I always seem to be one step behind, short one roll of toilet paper, 10 minutes late for the meeting, 5 pounds too heavy, 5 years too young, 10 years too old, I never make enough money for real life but on paper I make too much. Don't compare yourself to others, because it's always too hard to measure up. Celebrate each & every little personal success. I do.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I seriously DO NOT stop moving all day long. Laundry, dishes, mopping, sweeping, cleaning the bathroom, raking leaves, walking the dog, picking up toys... EVERYTHING. And when my SO gets home, and the house is clean, I feel so good. I love being a SAHM, old fashioned...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2010