I am about to F***ING LOSE IT WITH THIS CHILD.

My kidis a freaking demon. Ok not that bad but she is really starting 2 wear on me. I luv her to death- she really is my whole reason 2 live. But she is just really driving me insane. She will be 3yo in January. Everything is melt down inducing. She goes insane when she doesnt get her way. Crying at the top of her lungs, she hits (I am not a spanker so Im not sure where she got this from). She is completely defiant. I could make the simplest request like go potty before we leave or eat your dinner please and if she doesnt want to, she goes crazy. Plus its like she cant focus on anything for longer than 2 minutes. We were trying to play Memory, she got distracted with something else and when I tried to get her attention she lost it. She NEVER FUCKING LISTENS and does what she is told. I try not to get frustrated or yell (it does happen rarely), Ive tried positive reenforcement timeouts taking things away. nothing works. HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have no one to help me. Her father is deployed. I dont know anyone here, let alone trust anyone. I need to get this kid under control. To me this goes above just the terrible twos. She really is going to drive me to the mental ward. I have tried everything I can think of. I can not handle the outright defiance. Plus I have neighbors who probably think I beat her with the way she screams. What the hell happened to my angel child who was so well behaved?!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would like to re-iterate that I do not and have not spanked her. I rarely raise my voice. I try my hardest to remain calm. So I have not given the neighbors ANY reason to think I actually abuse her. I have never abused her, nor will I.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• when you put her in a timeout put her there for 2 mins the reason i say 2 mins is because shes 2 yrs old and every time she gets up put her back again and again and again until she learns why she is there hope this helps good luck
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Your child isn't even 3 yet..calm down. From my experience of working with kids for 18 years out of my life.. she sounds completely normal.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 10:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• You knowhe's a child right. Here attention span is short.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It can not be normal the way this kid reacts to the littlest thing. I am talking about a serious meltdown, screaming at the top of her lungs like she is dying. I get that no one, even children, do not like being told no or being told what to do, but I have worked with kids, and I have never seen a child react this way. Plus she cant seem to focus on even the most simple or mundane task. Hell I am wondering if she has something wrong like ADD/ADHD or autism or something.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Take this as helpful, please. I think you may have some personal issues and feelings going on with yourself that is intensifying the terrible two's for you. I know when the rest of my life isn't going too well, when my kids are naughty it's way more irritating. If you need to put her in a crib or a playpen for 10 minutes and let her cry while you calm down. Go for it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Really? Because I wasnt in the delivery room with her when she was born. She was just delivered to my front door. Of course I realize that she is barely going to be 3. Its not really the attention span I have an issue with- although she should probably be able to sit still for longer than 3 minutes to play a game with me. Its the flat out defiance & the absolute lack of respect and the complete melt downs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• At this age there is no way to diagnose ADHD, they are just too young and have too short of an attention span to make that kind of judgement. If she is screaming simply get down at her level and calmly tell her that she is screaming too loud and you will not be able to do anything for her till she calms down. If she can not stop after a few minutes send her to her room and let her know that you will come get her when she stops screaming.. stopping by every few minutes and reminding her until she has stopped.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 10:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am a fantastic mother. I have no underlying conditions, hell I didnt even have PPD. I adore my daughter. But here lately she has really just been working my last damn nerve. I do not yell I do not spank I do not swear at her or anything like that. so to insinuate that I somehow take out my stress or anger or any other emotion other than love on her is completely outlandish.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010