When i start going to my Doc. apt every week what kind of stuff will they be doing?

like will the check down there every apt? (now i am going everyweek)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• when i was 36 weeks i went in expecting to be checked and she just did the strep B test and nothing else. the next week and every week since then(40 weeks now) she has checked my cervix for dialation. After every check I usually spotted a little and had contractions intermittently for an hour or two.
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• They'll probably do a vaginal exam to check for dilation and effacement (or they might not, but if you want to know how you're doing you can ask them to), ask if you're having any cramps or contractions, in addition to all the other tests/questions they do/ask every time from the very beginning.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008