How do I know when I bleeding TO MUCH? Period Question. adult content

I'm on my 3rd day of my first period since having my son 16 months ago. At first it was really not bad...I SO spoke to soon. Since yesterday afternoon I have been changing my tampon and pad (having to wear BOTH) ever 20-45 minutes. The tampon is "super plus" absorbancy which hold 12-15 grams. The pad is for heavy days.

I had to change my pants 7 times today because I'm flowing so heavy and fast that it just runs right through both the tampon and the pad.

I feel extremely weak. It's all I can do to walk to the bathroom. My husband says I'm pale, I feel sick, the cramps literally feel like back labor, and I'm SO light headed.

How do I know if I'm bleeding TOO MUCH and should I call the OBGYN or is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• you should go to the dr. the dr. told me if i go through more than 2 pads in a hour that means there is a hemorrhage. i would go directly to the er since i guess it's after hours for dr. (not sure where you are) gl!

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I think it's time to call the doctor. If you are bleeding though a tampon that fast and then through the pad, it is NOT normal.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If you soak through a pad or tampon in an hour you are bleeding too much.. This is something that needs to be looked at. Sounds like you are losing alot of blood to fast, that's what is causing the dizzy spells and the paleness.. You need to be seen, I don't want to sound grim but this could be a miscarriage.. I really don't think I would wait to be seen by an OB, the nearest ER would be a good place to go.. I like to weigh on the side of caution.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I was told if you bleed through three pads in one hour then you need to get the ER pronto because it could be hemorrhaging. I think you should really go to the ER.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I agree.  You could try to call your OB/GYN, and tell him you're going.  I would say to try staying off your feet, and elevating your feet.  But, it sounds like this has been going on too long.   We'll be thinking about you.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 10:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I was always told if I was going through more than ONE an hour, to call the doctor. I think you are overdue - call your dr.
    I hope you feel better!
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 10:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If you're bleeding through a pad an hour, it's too much and you should see the doctor. Hope it lets up soon!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• You shouldnt go through more than 2 pads an hour, go see your gyno!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• OP, Please come back and give us an update...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010