Do We need breathing space or is it normal?

My mil got sick and for about 2 years it has been good helping out. Now sil who lives with mil got into an argument and do not speak.So the burden is on my husband while fil is away. Fil also wants my husband to participate with his Knight's club that he is pres of and wants my husabnd to carpool also. I feel like wow , the burden is on us alot and does not hesitate to ask for anything from us. Financially he has helped us this year because we needed help but now we are ok. What do you think breathing space or normal???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't jump whenever someone needs/wants something from you. Say you'll have to talk it over with your husband to make sure he doesn't have other plans, and instruct him to do the same. Don't answer the phone each and every time someone calls--instead let it go to voice mail and get back to them in an hour or so. Let them know of plans you have for the upcoming weekend. Make it obvious that you have a life outside of their needs, but that you're happy to coordinate schedules occassionally.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2010