Meds or laziness

If a dr. told you to lose weight because of high blood pressure, chloresterol, maybe even borderline diabetes, would you accept a prescription to offset any of the above conditions or would you say “give me 90 days" to lose weight and exercise to get it under control?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You can take the meds and lose weight via exercise too. Why does it make a person lazy to take medications? Also, 90 days is not enough time to lose weight and to learn to eat healthier for life. It takes the body a month or two just to get adjusted to the exercise and the reduction of calories. Initial weight loss is usually only water weight. Your metabolism may slow down in order to offset the reduction of calories, meaning that your weight loss efforts may be temporarily slowed down, etc.

My advice is to take the meds now and in the meanwhile, start learning to count calories. Find a work out regime that works for you. Start out small. Don't expect to lost 50 pounds in a matter of 90 days! You may only lost 10, which is awesome.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thank you for the advise..I need to lose about 30lbs, but do not want to go on meds..So I've started walking and watching what I eat and keeping fingers crossed that in 90 days when I have to go back for follow up blood test things will look better for me...
    Kathy675

Comment by Kathy675 (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Id watchw hat I was eating
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2011