where are some places where i would be able to find affordable and pretty good quality furniture

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Believe it or not, Costco.com has some nice furniture. Pretty bedroom sets for less than $2500.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Craigslist :)
    Ikea
    Department stores can have pretty good sales sometimes. We've to Boscovs here that has pretty decent furniture at affordable prices.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 10:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• IKEA, if there's one in your area...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• IKEA, Value city furniture sometimes has good deals, Big lots even has some decent furniture (they also have a lay away plan that can be helpful
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I suppose one's definition of "affordable" is subjective, but to me, Rooms To Go and American Signature Furniture are both very affordable and the furniture will last several years. Ikea's furniture is less expensive, but it's more cheaply made and smaller. I can't buy anything from Ikea because it all looks like it's sized to go in very small rooms, and we have large rooms in my house so it would look ridiculous. It also has the feel like it's going to fall apart if anyone over 150 pounds sits on it. I guess it really depends on what your budget is.
    I agree with the posters who also suggested Costco and Big Lots--while you wouldn't think Big Lots would have anything "good", they actually do get shipments of some name brand stuff.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• slumberland..you can try to bargain with them. we got $200 off hutch there, and when we bought a bed, we got free pillows, and mattress cover b/c we bargained with them and told them we would go elsewhere. lol
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I shop the used furniture stores. We have a lot in my area. The furniture is usually better made and cheap. You can paint it if it doesn't look so good. I love the hunt. I find the ones who call themselves "Antiques" are usually over priced and not always an antique. I am talking about the Hard case goods made of wood and doved tailed. For soft goods, the sofas and upholsted chairs, I go to discount stores, like JC Penney's damaged and returned store. I have always bought my washer/dryers at Sears' damaged and returned store. What do I care about a small dent or scratch. I just bought a pair of Maytag front loader washer/dryer 1 yr old with 4 yr warranty and the drawers they stand on for $600.00. They retail for $2500. All we had to do was get a seal for $64, which we installed. Even if I am forced to buy from a regular furniture store, I always asked for a reduced price.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010