Diarrhea always means something?

My baby girl has had a runny nose and a cough for about three days. I am sure its just a cold from the weather change. However now she has had diarrhea a few times also... Should I call the doc?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 2:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it's not water, the doc will probably tell you i'ts not diarrhea. Could be caused by the extra mucus form the cold. If it doesn't clear up, call the doc. But as long as baby is hydrated, and not doing it every diaper change it's ok to wait it out.
    Anonymous

• So many, many things cause diarrhea. Teething, a cold, ate something new, ate something bad. As long as it goes away quickly and the baby is hydrated, it's OK. If her bottom starts to get red, don't use diaper wipes to clean her. Use plain water or cetaphil cleanser (ask the pharmacist) and soft, cotton washclothes.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008