IS IT WORTH IT?

Is it worth getting someone other than the school system to do the autism diagnosis or should you just let the school do it for free?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't know much about it but I'd say let the school do it for free first, if you don't like the outcome or feel that it was somewhat biased or something, get a second opinion. Letting the school do it shouldn't hurt if it's free. Like I said, Idk a lot about it but that's my best guess. GL!!!
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 10:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I think that I would go to someone else. I would talk to my Pedi Dr and see what they say. Call me crazy, while I like my school system I would do everything I can for my child. So while I would let them test my child I would also take my child somewhere else to get a second opinion.

Hope that helps and good luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• The school is NOT qualified to do evaluations. Take your child to a doctor for a referral to a proper professional.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Let the school do it, but I would get a 2nd opinion.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i would let the school do it, and then verify if you don't agree with their diagnosis
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would get my own done if I suspected it.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 8:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'd LET the school do it, but I'd also follow up with a specialist.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2010