Good or bad idea...

I have a 15 month old son who is very curious. About an hour and a half away from us is a children's museum that happens to have a Curious George exhibit going on for the next few weeks. It has all sorts of things for the kids to explore and play with. It says the exhibit is from for children birth-8 years old. I was thinking about taking my son but I am kind of hesitant. I don't want other kids to be running him over or my son to be getting in the way of the older kids. I think he would really enjoy it though and we would go during the week when its not so crowded. What do you think? Is is age appropriate?

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it sounds like a great experience! go for it! The exhibit is for ages birth to 8? It sounds like they have a variety of interactive centers or experiences to accommodate young children. Why not go and let him explore? It's not like you're not going to be right there to help him navigate it even with other kids dashing through.

My two love museums with hands-on components. We try to get to them whenever we can. Now they're older - but we did go when they were little too.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I think it sounds great. I took my son to MOSI a bunch of times when he was younger and he loved it. They had activities for all age ranges. Yeah some of the older kids were annoying but as long as you are there he should be fine.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It sounds great if your worried about older children I would go during the week when most kids are in school and maybe call ahead to see if any field trips were planned so you could avoid the busy times
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We love our Children's Museum here in New Orleans! I take DS,2, at least once a week. Go and have fun with your little one and like PP said call ahead.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 10:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Oh yeah, totally take him. I bet you will be surprised at how many younger children will be there.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Take him! He'll have a ball. We have a museum of play where I am and your post gave me the idea to take my DD!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Take him. You will be there to make sure he is ok, and if he would enjoy it, dont let anything stop you. I'd take my DD if I had one.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I think you should take him, the museum usually have different areas for kids. I am pretty sure there will be one for little kids. When I went to the local one, my baby loved it because he had space and new things to explore. Hope you will go and enjoy the day with your little one.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010