I need IDEAS

I need to come up with some school family gathering ideas. They can range from crafts with the kids (preschool) to a training about adult issues (learning how to budget). Nearly anything.

We have them oncce a month and everytime I'm asked i draw a blank up. Last year during the fall they turned the gym into a hay maze.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 10:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Healthy, easy meals. Budgeting. Reading with children. Discipline techniques. Cooking with kids. Computer safety. Stranger Danger. Good touches/bad touches. First Aid.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• For this time of year you could make Christmas ornaments (holiday decorations of any kind if some in the group don't celebrate Christmas).
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• thank you ladies those are good ideas, I hope to get more by tomorrow, I plan to make a list and bring it in for the other parents to make a choices, we all never have a answer of what to do lol.
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• How about easy birdfeeders? You take an empty toilet paper tube, cover it in peanut butter and roll it in seeds.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Cooking with Kids is a great one! I liked that first post. You can do easy meals that have the entire family helping. Maybe even do tables with all the supplies needed to cook easy meals. We have pottery night at my son's school. We create the bowls and other items with designs in them. They bake them later and the kids paint them in art class. Maybe even a fund raiser for each class or grade level? Teachers have a wish list and parents bring items off that wish list and a big party to celebrate the fact the school year is going to be well stocked. Or a toy drive for the local Salvation Army of Women's shelter. Topics for school: bullying and what parents can do. Along with breaking into small groups so that discussions can be had. As well as administers speaking on the issue. Carnival night in the gym? Game stations that are easy - like a bean bag toss and fishing games. Good luck.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• sounds like you've had good ideas so far... i like to do "guest speakers' even if it's someone from the library talking about kids programs, or someone from our recreation department taking questions about summer kids activities...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2010