Christmas Tree

So my husband and I have a tradition of putting our Christmas Tree up on Halloween (or the day after). Does anyone else do this, or do you do the normal "day after Thanksgiving" routine?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 2:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I'm the day after Thanksgiving kind of girl.. lol :D
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 2:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I used to do the Thanksgiving thing.
    Now, I am for as soon after Halloween as possible. Why? So my toddler can enjoy the tree longer and so I can get the tree up as I have time instead of rushing to make time during the busier days before and after Thanksgiving.
    As she gets older, I may move it back to Thanksgiving. I'll have to wait and see how busy my life is as she gets bigger.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I still go with the day after Thanksgiving thing. I'm so busy and I have accumulated so many decorations over the years that I need the time between Halloween and Thanksgiving just to dig it all out and decide what I'm using this year lol
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• around thanks giving for us i never thought of doing it this early i suppose we could try it some year but we would have to get a fake tree... we like the real ones
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I would have loved my dad putting up the tree that early.. When I was younger the earliest he ever put the darn thing up was like a week before christmas!!! I mean, ok, look at it, open presents, take it down. Why not put it up earlier to have time to admire it!!!!
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• We do it hte day after Thanksgiving. While everyone else is going insane shopping, I put some Christmas music on, put on a pot of the good flavored coffee, set out plates of leftovers & invite some other friends or even now-my teenage daughters friends- over. We work on the tree & visit & relax & have fun. My DD & I talk about the memories involved with many of the ornaments. Good times.
    redfairy41

Answer by redfairy41 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I've done it a few times before but I try to wait usually until after Thanksgiving time to put the tree and decorations up.
    snickers1201

Answer by snickers1201 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 4, 2008