Do your kids get up to potty in the middle of the night?

My 3 year old son is fully potty trained. At first we were putting on pull up's at night for bedtime, then a few weeks later we realized he NEVER peepee'd in a single one. When we started letting him go to bed without them on and just regular undies, he started waking himself up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. He hasn't wet the bed ONCE, and gets up, sometimes, multiple times through the night to potty.

I'm curious as to other mom's potty experience's with their 2-4 year olds.

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The kid sleeps like a rock, NOTHING wakes this child up. With that being said he hasn't had an accident since he was potty trained. He goes potty right before bed and then goes first thing when he wakes up.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My DD is turning 3 later this month. Since she has been potty trained at 2 she has gotten up in the middle of the night to go potty. She however wakes us up to go with her. haha.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 11:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My son who just turned 3 in October wakes up once or twice to pee, and he has actually gotten up at 3 am once to poop!
    MommyWoes

Answer by MommyWoes at 11:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My youngest son started waking up to go potty at night as soon as I started sending him to bed in big-boy undies when he was 2 years old. He's 4 now and has the occasional accident (I think due to nightmares), but overall he does great.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 11:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thats great he's waking up to pee, but 3 times sounds like a lot. That can't make for a good rest. I would cut back his liquids and see if he's still doing that.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• A month after turning 3 my son refused to wear pull ups to bed anymore, even though I thought he wasn't ready and I didn't want him getting up in the night b/c I didn't think he'd go back to sleep. But, he totally surprised me. He only got up the first couple nights to go pee and that was it and he never peed the bed. The only thing was that he would get up bright and early and have to go potty immediately.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My son sleeps all night without needing to get up and pee. He has never had any accidents at night either.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Wow, I think you're lucky.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• my 2 and 3 year old wake to go potty, if they have to... maybe 1 to 2 times a week... otherwise they are dry and sleep through the night.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My daughter does not wake in the night but she makes it through the night without peeing the bed too so I am thankful for that.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2010