Are you really organized?

What do you do to stay organized?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I try to be, but it is hard, I don't have enough room for all my stuff, lol. But what do I do to stay organized? For our house, everything has its place. When we are done using something we are SUPPOSED to put it away. You will never walk in my house and see my things laying all over, now my husband and son...I can't say the same, lol. They are messy! But I really try to keep things where they belong!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have never been an organized person but I am trying to work on that so I'm not really sure why I am commenting when I really don't have anything to say to your question . : )
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 11:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Organized in what way? In every day life, your closet, the kitchen, keeping your schedule?
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 11:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes, super organized. Friends often ask me to come in and help them organize (financially with their expenses and paperwork or with their physical stuff). I did it once, and will never do it again. People are too emotionally tied to their stuff and the job became more of that of a psychologist than of professional organizer. And from a financial standpoint, as much as my friends say they want to cut back and save more, they are too busy trying to keep up with the Jones' and presenting a false image of themselves that they are not willing to even cut back once a week on their daily Starbuck's run! I truly believe you can't teach organizing, you either have it in you or you don't. You could do it for someone else, but they won't maintain it if they themselves don't have the "organizing" gene!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Honestly I can be, I am truly great at making a dollar go a long way...well in a way that has worked for us. There are alot of moms who are better at it on here than me. My family is constantly asking me to help them with their budget but from what I have seen it would be nearly pointless because they dont stick with anything!!

As far as organized in the house, I am working on it. We have alot of stuff, clothes mostly and not alot of storage so my house starts to look like a rubbermaid factory! I am working on that with my tax money I am going to completely redo my house and storage options :)...then If I find someone "husband" not putting something where it goes its OFF WITH HIS HEAD! haha
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• laughingNo, its more a barely controlled chaos!

hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i like to think ,

I'm constanstly picking up, and constantly cleaning. I try to come up with new ideas to organize things in my house, example the sheets in my closet, how can i make them look neater??? Rubbermaid tote usually is my answer or some sort of box to store things in. Everything looks a lot better put away in a container and labeled if you would like..
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I absolutly love to stay organized i am constantly cleaning out cupboards and closets and rearranging until i find the perfect combination of organization. If you enjoy it then its just fun, if you need idea there are magazines called storage and organization they have great ideas.
    butterflymama23

Answer by butterflymama23 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Organization is something you either have or struggle to have.
    My house is very organized, pantry has large shelves and then I have rubbermaid shelves the cans sit on that have 3 tiers, metal shelving on the door of the pantry for jello, pudding, popcorn, oatmeal, grits and small boxes and bags.
    Pull our shelves in the lower cabinets, no wasted space. My kitchen is large with lots of cabinets so much easier but the real key is only have in the kitchen what you need all the time. If you have a garage, have a cabinet in there where I keep large platters, cake stands, baskets, extra jars etc.
    Everything has a place and I try to put things away. It obviously worked as my children are both organized and it doesn't take that much time once you get the system. Find what works for you and then go to the next room. My closet is always a work in progress as I have too many clothes. Thrift store addiction!!!!!!LOLGood Luck
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'd like to think so. I pile paperwork to get to it at a later time but other than that my home is clutter free, papers filed etc...
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010