so...thanksgiving...what are you making?

I heard alot of different meals people make that arent even normal " thanksgiving dinner" so im just curious what you all make!
our family has a HUGE get together and makes a traditional dinner with turkey, ham, suffing, sweetpotato caserole, greenbean caserole and rolls and off course cant for get the pies. and other stuff

Kayge

Asked by Kayge at 11:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• Same thing. EVERYTHING you named I will be making this year!!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 11:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We are doing a big dinner!! I am used to that back home with family and such (20+), here it will be more friends (military base). So, we are having, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, salad, veggies, stuffing, pickle rolls, gravy, and all the desserts!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We are military and live too far from our family to go visit, but we do have friends that come over. I will be cooking a turkey, ham, cornbread dressing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, cranberry sauce, gravy, pumpkin spice bars, cream cheese brownies, and berry cobbler. All from scratch except the green bean casserole (just the Campbells one) and the gravy (heinz jar, I LOVE it). My daughter is 6 and she is SO excited that she gets to help me with cooking this year. This will be the first Thanksgiving dinner she has helped to cook. Oh and to drink we have a nice Portuguese red wine, sodas, and juices for the kids :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Turkey, cranberry sauce (got spoiled by my grandma so every year my hubs has made me the real deal which his family had never had before me), stuffing (for my hubs I hate the stuff myself), mac n cheese from scratch, mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw (okay so I actuallyplan to just pick up a good size container from KFC like the day before but nobody need know that who's coming to my house), rolls of some sort, green been casserale, sweet potatoes, and of course my hubs says we have to have punkin pie with homemade whipping cream, so the deal is we make a pie for him and we also get to have another kind of fruit pie for me 'cuase I don't like punkin pie.
    I think that's pretty much everythign I'm planning on doing as of right now. It may change depending on if I find out more friends are coming or whatnot.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:36 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Traditional dinner with Turkey and all the trimmings.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• othing..my in-laws are doig all the cooking & this year they said not bring anything but ourselves
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2010