Do your hands split and crack in the winter?

Mine do really bad! I have dry skin to start with, and then winter comes and its devestating to my hands. Lotion doesn't really work. Not only do they crack, they become inflamed and rashy and itchy. I'm prone to eczema as well, but I don't have a problem with it every winter, just some. My kids are the same way. We all have very fair skin. I use a lot of hand sanitizer when I am away from home and I know that's not good either because its drying. I'm probably going to switch to GoldBond hand sanitizer lotion that doesn't dry out hands. Any advice?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 11:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I like Bath and Body Shea it isn't so hand cream and also 7 Days To Beautiful Skin hand cream.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I don't really have that issue, but my siser does. Her hands will crack and bleed! Hers are bad because she works at a daycare and washes her hands so often from changing kids diapers. I honestly don't know what you could do. I have heard a few times about getting gloves (like the rubber ones) and putting something (I can't remember for the life of me what it was) on your hands at night and leaving the gloves on. I think it was some kind of lotion but I don't remember, I will have to ask my sister. But you could search online and I am sure you can find some ideas :) Hope other ladies can help you out!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My Mom used to do the glove thing at night but she didn't use rubber gloves~~they were like a cotton.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 11:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Mine do and I haven't been able to find anything that helps.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Get some raw, unrefined shea butter to rub on them. It will help!
    VevesHandmade

Answer by VevesHandmade at 11:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• my dh's get like that. i make sure he puts lotion on them, but also exfoliates them. but theres not much that helps.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 11:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I used to have that issue. I use Jordan Essentials Shea Body Butter & Lotion Bar. The Lotion Bar is made of beeswax and natural plant oils. You simply rub it on & it moisturizes and protects your skin. Beeswax has natural healing properties to heal up your cracked skin fast. If you'd like a free sample, just send me an email.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I buy an over the counter steroid cream and use it whenever my fingers start to split and become painful.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Lol. My whole body does. I finally found a cream that works great for me. I now use Ponds, the one with the blue cap, I use it for my whole body and its great.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes and I use Aquaphor and shower every other night. IF I use hand sanitizer, I use the one with moisturizer in it. Wash hands in WARM water, not hot. Hot dries hands out more.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2010