Can you still get pregnant while on the Mirena?

I am beginning to have symptoms of being pregnant, but I am on the mirena... I would just go and take a pregnancy test, but with both of my kids, it wouldn't show up on a pee test that I was pregnant till 4 and 5 months along in the pregnancy... Is there anyone out there who got pregnant while on the Mirena, or have you heard of anyone that did?

momof2redhedz

Asked by momof2redhedz at 11:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hasn't happened to me personally but it did happen to a friend of mine. I suggest going to dr and getting a blood test, better safe than sorry.
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 1:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It is an incredibly slim chance that you would be pregnant. If you are worried about it you need to go see your doctor and get tested. There are some really bad things that can happen to a baby if you have Mirena so if you are really worried about it go see your doctor.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would suggest going in to do a blood test. The chances are slim but it can happen.
    MommyWoes

Answer by MommyWoes at 11:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• my friend is on that and also believes she is pregnant! i also thought it wouldn't show up for me on a p/g test because with my DS it didn't show up till i was 15 weeks bit this one showed up at 4 weeks....
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 1:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You can get preggo any any type of BC...not one is 100% effective.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 5:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2010