3 yr old long distance relationship. When to give up?

He is a wonderful guy, great with my children and we get along very well. It seems like we can make a wonderful life together.

The problem is we don't seem to get to anywhere when it comes to live together. i move or he moves. He rents this 400 sq feet basement apartment, i can't let my children live in there. We look houses online but it is just for fun ( for him)

Give up or wait?

yoshiki56

Asked by yoshiki56 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm not understanding what your goal is. You'd give up a relationship with a great guy who enjoys your children over not picking the right house? I don't want to sound harsh but if you two can't agree on a house then how will you be able to make other major decisions in life as a couple? If it were me, I would find out what would constitute the "right" house for him and I would set out to find the right house (if that is your only problem). You could also hire a realtor to help. I'm getting the feeling though that there might be more to his indecision than just the house. Talk with him and ask him to be honest with you about what he wants from your relationship. He might just like it as it is. Good luck. P.S. Are you sure he is single?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• if he doesnt want to move then you need to get rid of him because as you see he doesnt want to really start a family
    nisha22

Answer by nisha22 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• admckenzie,

Thanks for the reply and opinion. yes he is single for sure because i have spent enough time in his place in the past 3 years. We always on the phone or on the webcam, so he has no time for anything else but his work and me. We both like this crazy way to keep in touch.

I talked to him before few times, he said he was trying hard for it. However, i sense him giving up more than trying.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• ya'll need to reexamine your priorites. where are you on each ohter's list/
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:44 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• you have been LD for 3 years? Sounds like you are used to it being that way. It could be really strange moving in together. One of you would have to move, not both of you. You need to stay close by your kids grandparents etc. right?
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 7:42 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• How about now? Have you ever met the guy? If not than how do you know he is great with kids? How well can you really know someone over the computer and phone? You should get a man that is THERE in the flesh that can be there for you and the two of you can go out and have fun.
    Babs310

Answer by Babs310 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• If you think it's worth it. It is. We all have those time when we question ourselves and the decisions we've made. A LDR works out for some people - you know him on a different level than most girls do meeting that random guy that on the street.
    It's not all about "one thing" - and you NEVER have to worry about that - considering he loves talking to you, as you said -always online, or on the phone. That's beautiful - atleast to me. Waiting is like torture - especially when you see everyone else having "normal" relationship. But. Only you know. If it's worth the wait. Best of luck girl :)
    KaydeeBee

Answer by KaydeeBee at 9:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2008