Anyone's mother in law ever drive them nuts?

Here's the thing my boyfriends mom spends way more time with her 1 grand-baby then she does with any of her other grandchildren. She says she does it because she doesn't get to do half as much stuff as my daughter does and she doesn't want her to be an unhappy bored uncontrollable brat like the other two are {her brother and sisters don't get enough attention so they are terrible}. I know that she doesn't get to do a lot because her parents are just lazy but i don't want my daughter to see how grandma favors one grandchild over the next, am i being ridiculous or wat? She has maybe kept my daughter a total of 10 times but practically has her other grandchild once a week and shes over a year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• I COMPLETLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. MY FINANCE WAS RAISED BY HIS GRANDPARENTS WHO NOW BABYSIT MY SON EVERYDAY. EVEN THOUGH ITS THEIR GREAT GRAND CHILD THEY GIVE HIM "SPECIAL ATTENTION" MY SON HAS SOME OTHER COUSINS THAT ARE A FEW YEARS OLDER THAN HIM BUT I ALREADY SEE HOW SHE TREATS HIM SO MUCH BETTER. AND I KNOW THEY DONT UNDERSTAND IT NOW BUT THEY WILL WHEN THEY GET OLDER AND GROWING UP I WENT THROUGH THE SAME SITUATION. BUT I THINK ITS LIKE THAT IN ALMOST EVERY FAMILY.
    gurlieracer4

Answer by gurlieracer4 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• it is like this in a lot of families. My grandmother barely talked to me and my siblings, but my cousin and only child she was always with. My mom said she favored boys when she was growing up, my mom tends to give the granddaughters more attention. Not on purpose, but she does. I know she gives my kids more then anybody else's. I think it has to do with my DH. They get along and my BIL and my sisters BF are total bums and going no where in life. Its not right to take it out on the kids. it is what it is. Can't treat an old dog new tricks...
    Anonymous

• No. mine is dead & so is my mom. No mother in law issus here for either of us. Except my kids have no grandmas.
    Anonymous