DD wont stop playing with her new potty...

She's 2 years and 7 months and I don't know what to do to help her potty-training. She hides in corners when she's pooping, comes out when done and immediately wants to be changed. She WILL NOT let me take her to the potty while she's pooping. She cries and says,"No,go away!" She's ok with me putting her on the potty when she's NOT pooping or peeing. She's never done either on the potty. I thought the toliet was intimadating. I chilled a few weeks then bought her a potty. She was cool with it. She mocked pooping and peeing lol that was hilarious! She even mocked opening the lid, closing it and flushing and wiping. I KNOW she's ready. I've told her she can wear panties and geta sticker if she does it and that excites her but she still doesn't do it. She will sit on it no longer than 2 mins. Then she will cry if I don't let her up. Please help!!!!!!

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 11:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she has any interest at all. Dig out the pot chair. I had found with all for of my kids I took them to the potty whenever I went. I would sit on the big girl potty and they would sit on hers (I would not force her). I got this M&M dispenser and when that sat on it they would get a 2 or 3 M&M's. Before you know it they will start running to the bathroom yelling I pee, I poop! After the first time they pee or poop. Jump up and down yelling and clapping(looking like you have lost your mind). Then praise her and give M&M's. I continued to give M&M's for attempts but the more they used the potty I would just give them M&M's for going potty. Then I weened it to putting their pants back on. Whatever you decide to do, don't force any aspect of it. Don't put their waste in the toilet to flush when they are in the room if it at all bothers them. Wait until they have forgotten about it. Sometimes they feel that it is a part of them.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 8:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• She's fine. Just give her the time to do it on her own. Mine was just a month or two shy of 4 when she finally decided to use the toilet. She knew all the mechanics of it; she just refused!! NOTHING working. I was at my wits end and thinking it would never happen.

Then POOF, she finally did it!! My DD is a very headstrong child. Hugs...I know how frustrating it can be!!
    clctalking

Answer by clctalking at 11:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I tried a few months earlier going cold turkey and putting her in panties so she would feel it coming out of her. She peed and pooped her pants, I cleaned what got on the floor, and she still didn't get the message that she needed to go in the potty. She likes wearing panties a lot and I tried using that as an incentive but it didn't work. I've never pressured her or become angry with her when she's refused to do it or had an accident in the underwear. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Nothing. Does she go to childcare where other chikdren use the potty. Otherwise get a potty training video.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 11:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• She's a home with me during the day. I've done everything the "experts" say. Now I'm asking the CM experts!
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Sounds crazy but maybe move the potty to that "corner" where she hides to go potty. Maybe she is intimidated going in the bathroom? Then slowly move it closer to the door...my sister did this. As long as your at home all day, using the potty in a not so private place should be fine for awhile...
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 11:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2010