Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am kinda freaking out now...

My 22 month old has been grabbing at his pee pee all day. Just thought he had to go pee or had peed already so I took him to go see if his diaper was wet and it was so i was changing him and his pee pee is all read and swollen where the skin was circumcised and he is full erected to mainly prob b/c he keeps grabbing at it. What on earth is going on? Should i run him to the dr in the morning over this? I am so nervous that it could be something serious...he has been drinking straight juice for the past few days b/c he has been having irregular bowel movements...could it be from that? Not sure what a yeast infection looks like when it starts so don't know if its that?! Sorry Ia m very nervous...any info that could possibly help I will take into consideration

Answer Question

Asked by leann74016 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 16 (2,449 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • My 3 year old just had a UTI and it started out like that...had to get him antibiotics...ended up it was from the new bubble bath we had just started using in the tub...I would call the pedi's office in the morning and leave a message with the nurse and see if they think you should bring him in

    Answer by MommyH2 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • I would definitely keep an eye on it. I would also try to get him into the Dr. ASAP. It could be a UTI, and they will just put him on some antibiotics, and hopefully he'll be better in no time. Just try and keep calm about it, everything will be fine. I know it's troubling when our babies are hurting, but...everything will be fine. Call the Dr. in the morning and see what they say. I don't know what a yeast infection looks like either. Something is irritating his little boyhood. Just keep an eye on it. Hope everything is OK.

    Answer by Charlie98 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • It could just be red because he's messing with it a lot. If its a yeast infection it will have a foul odo and he will scratch it and be in a lot of pain and you will see a discharge.

    Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • I would take him to the doc as soon as you can. It will give you peace of mind at least.

    Answer by Shanna84 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

  • Call the Dr.

    Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

  • For things like that, you should call the Dr. It will give you a peace of mind that you talk to them. Just give them a call and ask. Try to relax too, he is going to be fine.

    Answer by bratgirln1 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.