What are you most embarrased by about yourself?

My parents didn't want to teach me to drive as a teen (they were strict and smothering and thought this would prevent me from having a social life.) I am in my mid 20's and I still cannot drive. I'm married and dh would love to teach me because he has to do everything being the only driver but can't because he's always working. I'm a SAHM with 2 kids, one of which is in school. I desperately want to learn. In this state it is illegal to be a "student" driver without a permit. In order to get that I have to pass a written test. I don't make a connection when looking at the state's driver's book to what I see on the roads. What else can I do? How can I get over this huge hurdle? There is no one else who can teach me. Didn't have a category that fit so I put it in relationships...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you ever taken the test? I passed it on the first try and I never studied or took any class. It was mostly common sense questions and answers.
    It's nothing to be embarrassed by, it's not your fault and you're definitely not the only adult who doesn't/can't drive.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Well, when I was 18 I took a 6 hour driving course. It's not drivers ED or anything like that, but it simply teaches you the road "rules" so you can pass a written test. You might want to see about doing a driving course first so you can pass the written part. It's very easy. From there you can apply for your permit. Take advantage of going places with hubby after. I know you said he works a lot, but whenever you two go, ask if you could drive, maybe half way or something? Good luck.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• maybe you can find a driving course that can teach you the rules of the road and help you with the written test and hands on part.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2010