How many use

tooth whiteners?
Is it very common?
I just noticed that my teeth are very yellow. Most peoples are not. Is it because they use whiteners?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 11:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i think baking soda and peroxide do about the same as teeth whitners. i wouldn't use the peroxide everyday though because it will weaken the enamel on your teeth.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I did once and unbeknown to me, I had a cracked filling and the chemicals seeped right in there and went down to the nerve. I needed a root canal on a tooth that never gave me a problem aside from needing a filling. So, be sure your teeth have no cracks or anything like that before starting.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have used crest white strips and they really help a lot.... I try to use them like once a year and I don't use them like the package says cuz my teeth are a lil sensitive... I use them like once every other day until the package is gone.... I haven't used them in a really long time becasue I was pregnant and bf for 16 months after that and I dont think you're suppose to use them during that time, but I still get tons of complements on how white my teeth are (and I don't even think they're as white as they have been since I haven't used the stips in so long) but I def would reccomend them to anyone!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 12:08 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i've tried several - even had it done in the dental office - but they never have really worked - i'm frustrated - the older you get, the more yellow your teeth get ...
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Did you know that you can brush with Peroxide and get the same results? A little secret that a dentist friend told me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I do not. My husband believes they do more damage than good. We just brush as often as possible.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I found the cheapest and safest way to clean your teeth. Even my dentist approved it. Peroxide 3% by volume. Be careful not to let it get on your gum 's the first few times you use it. I was a little sensitive when I did.
    I took a q-tip and put it on my teeth prior to going in to the shower and washed my hair, and what ever else I needed to do. Then brushed my teeth after. It took about three days and my teeth look quite white. Every few weeks I use it again to keep them white. The eye teeth took a little longer to whiten up. Good luck let me know how it goes.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i buy the whitening strips and use them once in awhile. i have had decent results.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 9:04 AM on Nov. 16, 2010