Why doesn't he listen to his wife!

How is it that my husband of two years has no problem following advice of his ex-wife, but refuses to take any advise from me? Am I chop-liver? I am starting to feel that way and I have sat down with him several times to share this, and he doesn't see it. We have to see her because we live in the same town and he works with her new bf. So he see's her when she comes to have lunch with her bf, and we run into her a couple times a month at the store. He seems always willing to take her opinion on anything from political issues, to the latest travel destination to see, to what i-phone app he should get for his phone. When I make any suggestions even remotely similar, he literally brushes me off like I don't know what I'm talking about. Super sad some days and can't get any answers out of him as to why he does this. Any ideas out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• He married her for a reason; they have a lot in common. My mother has been going through this for seven years now. Her husband's wife cheated on him for fifteen years before leaving him, but they still talk. If he has children with her there is not much you can do to stop them from talking. Maybe your man doesn't have many friends whose opinion he can respect? Do you ever come to have lunch with your man? Try to play her same game, but in her face. Be there when the suggestions are made so you can express your own.
    GracieBabysMom

Answer by GracieBabysMom at 1:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• do they have any kids? maybe they have alot in common and still like each other as friends.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 3:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Really you guys? Then if he married her because they had a lot in common, why didn't he marry me for the same reason? And no, there are no kids involved. I have to ask, how in the world would I play the same "game" in her face if he is the one ignoring my comments and opinions. This has more to do with him than her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010