Any other pro-life atheists or am I just a total freak of nature?

Just curious to see how much of an oddity I really am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Well I Love animals and like a good cheeseburger so I must be a freak too.
    Anonymous

• Pro-life athiest here! Its a morality issue for me, not a religious one.
    Anonymous

• I'm an atheist, but I'm pro-choice. But I do have an atheist friend who happens to be anti-choice. I don't think you're alone at all.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 2:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm not anti-choice, however I AM pro life and also an atheist. Human life is not only important to religious people, it is the common tie that bonds us all together. Murder is murder, life is life, i believe that a fetus has just as much right to choose as a mother, and that all humans need to be constitutionally protected. A pregnant woman needs to realize that her body is no longer only hers when she conceives a child, it is also the child's body she is protecting. The child is voiceless, and doubtful if given a choice would choose to die rather than to live. ALL humans have rights that must be respected and protected. If a woman falls pregnant and is unable to be or not ready to be a mother, she has CHOICE in becoming a mother. The least she can do, is take responsibility for her actions, and give the child life!
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• There are several in the AP group, and on cafemom in general that aren't members of AP. I'm not one of them -- I'm pro-choice -- but I know they are here. You are not alone. In a double-minority, maybe, but not alone at all.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Well said Lillys_mommy09, too bad Obama woman think otherwise.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 3:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Lily's Mommmy09 (kudos for posting with your name) -- I respect your position on personal responsibility. After all, that is an issue many of us have with religion -- that it is solely a dodge of personal responsibility. But sometimes a pregnancy isn't the result of a choice. And sometimes there really are horrible things wrong the baby and some mothers just are not equipped to carry a doomed baby to term. For those people, it needs to be an individual decision, and that means an individual decision for everyone, even those who abuse it. Education is key.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Sorry, I meant to say often a dodge, not solely. I was multi-tasking a conversation with my teenager. Brain cramp.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008