I used the First response ept 6 days before my period is due and it said negative :-( Should I not be completely discouraged yet?

We have been trying for number 2 and the test said can test positive up to 6 days before your missed period... I am due for my period on the 20th and took the test this morning (6 days before that) and it was completely negative.... no slight line #2 or anything. I feel so discouraged.... I was going to test again Wednesday morning and if that is negative just wait and see if I get my period or not.... if not test again. Guess I am just seeking encouragement and anyone who can relate....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Wait til 3 days after u miss ur period. It will b mr accurate then. Sorry hun, I know da feeling. My periods supposed to come Friday n we've been trying for exactly one yr this month! Ugh!!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• That only works if you have enough HCG in your system. It's extremely rare to see anyone with detectable levels that early. Wait until you are at least 11 days post ovulation before you test again. Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Even if you get a light, abnormal period test again. It's all about those levels and if you stress you can mess up the reading too so buy a nice thick book for now till the 20th. Good luck!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:52 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You won't get a positive test for at least two days past implantation. It is early don't get discouraged yet. It is not over till AF shows. Good Luck
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 3:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• if u miss your period take it the day u miss your period thats what i did and im 6 weeks almost 7 weeks preg now lol
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 8:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• yeah i would wait until a missed period before taking the test because your hcg levels should be up enough to give you an accurate result that way you won't have to torture yourself. It can be discouraging if you think you will never get pregnant. So don't think that and you will continue in a positive attitude. be blessed
    Tylee7

Answer by Tylee7 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2010