Cupcakes for ds's school bday party

He's in kindergarden and is turning 6. Every mom always bakes cupcakes for the kid's party at school. I want ds to have some great looking cupcakes. Suggestions? I know to get the frosting looking swirled you have to use a cake tip. But how do I get them to the school without them messing up? I want to put something on top of the frosting as well like a character or something. Perhaps a snowman because his bday is a week before Christmas. What frosting/cake flavors are best to use for kids? Also, what would be good to give ds as a special cupcake? Like one that is the birthday boy's cupcake? A bit different than the other cupcakes? I want him to have a special day at school!

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 12:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Our schools do not allow home baked goodies either. Just google snowman cupcakes and you should find some good ideas. Familyfun.com and Parents.com always have great ideas for kids food that are cute and easy to do.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:25 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Search snowmen cupcakes and you'll find a ton of ideas. One of my fav sites is like the coolest birthday cakes .com
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/cakes-cupcakes/

Frosty the snowman cupcakes look really cute and there's a video showing you how.

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We are not allowed to bake goodies for school to share with other children where I live. They have to be store bought snacks. Have fun!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 15, 2010