Why is mascara labeled "brown" and its clearly black once applied?

This has frustrated me my whole life! Well nearly my whole life, I've been wearing mascara since I was 3( we had to for dance class performances). I'm a natural redhead and I have very white skin and if I'm not careful with makeup...well let's just say its easy to resemble Bozo the Clown and Ronald McDonald. Why isn't there a mascara out there that actually matches red hair? Like it should be labled "honey" or "true red" and match the haircolor! They can match haircolor in a box, but not mascara! What gives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Dior show makes a chestnut colored mascara that is what I use. I have very dark brown hair with light eyelashes and eyebrows. I prefer to not look like I have a caterpillar on my lids.
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P218791&categoryId=B70

Sephora has many different brands that come in different colors. Some of which are burgundy, green, teal, blue. I used to use blue. However it can some times become very 'showy'.. If you have a store near you they have consultants who are very helpful. Other wise hit a major department store and look for the Dior show brand. I love their water proof mascara too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• So you want red mascara? Try clear :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• they do have some with a red tint, i just saw it but dont remember what its called, think it was by covergirl though
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My eyelashes need something more than clear. My eyelashes natural color is lighter than the hair on my head. They have a lot of shine to them too and when the light hits them they are pretty much invisable. I need mascara that will be colored to match my haircolor.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Do you have blue eyes? You can get blue or navy mascara. Look into Avon/Mark. Message me if you want, I sell and love the mascaras. I can answer any questions.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I tried the clear Mascara and now I won´t live without it. I love that I dont have to wear black mascara, but my eyelashes can be nice and full. Try clear it works wonders for me!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• go to a makeup counter and try getting advice from them. i do splurge on an item if it works best. of if too spendy at least they give you an idea of what to look for color wise,
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 9:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2010