At Christmas do you exchange gifts with everyone? if not what do you do?

We buy for all the kids in the family which isnt a whole lot, and then we have the teens and adults, buy one gift for a price of $25.00 , the ladies buy for a lady and the men buy a mans gift!, then we all get together christmas eve, each draw a number and then we pick a gift off a table, open it then you can open it, but if you see someone that has a gift you want more, you can take their gift and they have to pick another unwrapped gift, or take a gift from someone...it is alot of fun! we normally say buy a gift you want..or buy something you know someone would want..its alot of fun! and sometimes it gets a bit Scary! LOL

kids_r_gr8

Asked by kids_r_gr8 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we draw names...
    there are 15 grand kids on my side and about 20 on my hubby's side, no way can we afford that!! so we draw names and every kid is guaranteed to get something :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 1:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We draw names at Thanksgiving. If you have two people in your family you buy two gifts. If you have 5 people you buy five gives. It was the only way to make things fair. The only one who does not draw is my Mom. She buys for the kids only...even that is getting to be too much for her.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It depends on the Christmas, lol. My family has 4 different parties. My dad's family, my mom's stepmom (grandpa died), my mom's mom and my mom's mothers side of the family. For my dad's family we don't do gifts anymore. My mom's stepmom, she buys everyone a gift and we all buy her and her kids (my mother's half brothers) gifts. My mom's mom, she buys everyone a gift and we all buy her and our stepgrandpa a gift. And my mom's mothers family we draw names. LOL, yeah, I have a confusing family but I would haven't it any other way :P
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I get gifts for mom, dad, and my kiddos. can't afford to by for everyone in my family, I have a big family!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My fam buys cute ornaments for the tree, and puts them in cute little bags, and we each get a bag, then we play a game where we pass them to the left and right so many times and when it's done, whatever bag you have is your ornament. =D
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We draw names on my husband's side of the family and my side of the family doesn't exchange gifts anymore due to several people not being able to afford it.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I live australia,in sunny qld and we celebrate christmas outdoors(tooo hot) inside,we have bbqs and play backyard cricket,when it comes to gifte we give gift card to the family and they can buy what they want and sometimes if i can afford it i give the teens money($20) and the littlies get gifts or some adults prefer to make the gifts and it means it come from the heart.
    jules70707

Answer by jules70707 at 2:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, I sure do!!! I LOVE exchanging gifts!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We buy for our kids and each other, hubby's mom and his best friend (who is more like a brother), my parents, my brother and my grandma. No one else buys in hubby's family and we don't see my extended family.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2010