Have you ever cheated on your SO and it keeps getting thrown in your face?

I cheated on my SO while he was incarcerated, but he cheated on me for quite some time while he was out and even though what he did still bothers me I leave it in the past, but everytime we argue or he gets mad about something i have to hear, "so you cheated on me".

dirtyswifey10

Asked by dirtyswifey10 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I would go to counseling..but you both need to be willing.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• sounds like you both need to evaluate your relationship especially since you both cheated...
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 2:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• if he chose to stick it out with you knowing that you cheated ~ then he needs to stfu ~ plain and simple ~
    BoundHearts

Answer by BoundHearts at 8:40 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It sounds like he isn't past it - counseling would be a good start. If he's not willing (or you aren't) to take that step, or at least commit to not bringing up this issue every time you fight, I'd have to think the relationship just isn't going to last. Every person I know that has stayed in a relationship after infidelity has been able to do so only because they were able to forgive each other, and leave the past in the past.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• With all the sleeping around, the relationship was thrown out the window a long time ago. If you are going to stay with him, you are going to hear about it. But it really sounds like your relationship is pretty shot already.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My response would be "so did you". Maybe he needs to be reminded he's no saint and that you were hurt too by what he did but decided to leave it in the past. Also, you want to explain that you can't move on to the future if you can't let go of the past.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Austinsmom35 I tell him that and I also tell him that nobodys perfect. I made a mistake and was woman enough to end it before it got too far and admit it. He seems to think that I was just a perfect person or something and not entitled to making mistakes. Musicmom80 if that is the case then he should hear about what he did if he is going to stay with me and sorry but no our relationship isn't shot due to the fact that all of this happened quite some time ago, but it only comes up when we are arguing which is very rare.
    dirtyswifey10

Comment by dirtyswifey10 (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010