How would you react,feel, or say if your father told everyone in the family including the older kids that if he didnt get a birthday gift, from you, then you arnt getting one from him? same goes for christmas?

I feel this is very wrong..but have no clue what to say or even if it is my place to say anything!, I guess it just hurts because my 2 older kids have kids and families of their own, and just make enough to get a few things for their own kids...but i think that agrand parent that has money, shouldnt feel this way I think they should still get them something..thats what its all about..giving...?!? just kinda blows me away I guess, am I wrong for feeling this way?

kids_r_gr8

Asked by kids_r_gr8 at 1:52 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• Tell him to get ready to save money because he won't get anything from you!
    Ugh, okay, so go about it nicer but yes say something and point out not everyone can afford gifts for every occasion and that a card and a happy wish should mean more to him than any physical gift and hopefully that makes him think twice.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Maybe he is feeling like that is all that people want from them. A heartfelt card made by hand and something special I am sure would suffice. Sometimes we take for granted those that give. If they do not have money to get him anything then so be it. They are adults they should be able to deal with it. I always thought that Christmas was about spending time with family who really cares in the end about presents. Yes it is nice to be thought about but if that is they only thing that you are worried about with the season then why not for go it all together.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• seems kind of immature but maybe he was hurt form something in the past? we stopped grandparent gifts a few years ago. we cant afford anything but my kids and 4 nephews. how about the grandkids make him a collaborative gift...mugs painted by them? a art collage in an inexpensive frame? a tin of nuts and some wine? a ten dollar gift to make amends and keep peace...or make him cookies in a xmas tin? geez seems hars h but maybe he needs to tell them or you why he is so grumpy with this topic? GL
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I feel like if there older than they probably shouldn't be expecting one from the grandparents anyway. My grandparents never got me anything once I was grown.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2010