Are you a horse lover? I just watched an amazing story of Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter was a direct descendant of Secretariat and I watched a clip from Inside Edition about his life. I decided to google it and came across a great blog that would explain what this horse went through. I am not sure if we can place direct links on here.
But these are my sources. Be prepared for some disturbing pictures of animal cruelty. Take heart this is a happy ending.
this clip was aired on Inside Edition.
http://www.insideedition.com/
links of an awesome blog to explain it with pics included: http://thesecondrace.blogspot.com/2009/09/freedoms-flight-story-of-rescued-race.html

VGonzalez73

Asked by VGonzalez73 at 2:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Growing up my family showed Tennessee Walking Horses and we had a close family friend whose family raced horses. It was always more heart wrenching to see the race horses put out to pasture than the show horses. It always seemed to me like the show horses were still honored and respected, whereas the race horses were considered useless.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I can't get any of your links to work.
    Anyway...race horses are not good pets nor are they good all around horses. No reason for abuse or cruelty of course, but the breed is created and bred to run fast, not to be a family pet or pleasure horse. It would take thousands of dollars and alot of hours to turn a race horse into something other than that.They tend to be highstrung, skiddish, and aggressive. In other words Dangerous.
    We took in a very old show horse that was unwanted a few years ago, she was blind. She was the best little horse and worth all of the time and money we spent with her. She stayed with our boss horse in the pasture and never ventured too far away because of her blindness. Sadly we had to put her down at 28 y/o, but she had a very pampered life.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• **skittish.....
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We adopted two retired race horse at our camp. Gilbert (mine), was a great horse, and it's sad that they can't properly care for the animal after they are through with their career. There are plenty of better options available for these horses. Sure Gilbert and Molly were very picky about certain things, like who they would let ride them, and Gilbert would NOT let you put a western saddle on him, but all in all they were good horses if you knew how to properly care for them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2010