love vs. money - Do you think it's a no-no in society to admit, that you're attrackted to wealthy men?

I read an article the other day about a woman who admitted to be attracked to wealthy men all the time. She loves her husband deeply, but she also care a big deal about the lifestyle he's able to provide. BUT she feels like it's a taboo to talk about it. Even her own mother is kind of a hypocrit about it; On the one hand she finds her shallow, on the other hand she's glad her dd is taken good care of.
AHve you ever had to deal with that?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 2:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• It's definitely taboo to say that you love anything material about a man. If a woman admits that part of the attraction to her DH is money, people call her a gold-digger. Sounds like this woman was just being honest.

I've dealt with this in a way. When my DH and I were first together we struggled. Over the years things have become much better. One of the girls that works for him told another girl that works for him that I'm his "trophy wife" and that I was only with him for money. The girl she told this too happens to be a friend I've known for many years, she laughed at her. It's amazing what people think.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2010