what do you guys think of this...i really need advise plz adult content

so me and my husband have shity jobs we make no money at all and we cant find a better job with a 8 mnths babygirl luckly us we live with my mother-in-law ..she wasnt charging us rent for a few months until know($400mthly) we told her that we dont have the money to pay her the full 400 dllrs- so she said that she wont charged us rent if i start working for her --she thought that it would be a good idea if i work for the rent money by doing her cleaning-ok so i clean the house 1 every week regardless-she said she wants me to start cleanig her bathroom-dog-cook for her 3 times a day her laundry-her boyfriend laundry-her 2 bedrooms and clean her dishes n her bf-- like her maid basically--well my husband agreed that was a great idea too--honestly i dont i hate the idea- so my M.I.L said that if i decide not to work for her that we have to come up with the full 400 for rent--whta do you guys think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it doesn't sound so bad I mean she's letting your family stay there for free IMO its the least you can do to repay her for putting a roof over your head.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• devilStart looking for another place to live! I wouldn't be able to take it and would sadly start pulling myself and my daughter away from the shit... I get tired of m.i.l being a biatch bc she thinks she can, well I decide who my daughters around and if she treats me like shit i find every excuse for her to not have baby time!!! SORRY...

LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 3:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• If you don't have the money than you have to bite your tounge on this one but your DH needs to pull his weight with the maid service too. Just bc it's his mom isn't reason to not do parts of all she is demanding in place of cash. You both work, you both parent and if you didn't live with her you both would be cleaning your own home. Personally, my problem would be with DH not MIL.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 3:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Sounds like slavery to me. I understand her wanting you (dh) to pay her rent .but she should be reasonable. You have a baby and husband of your own to take care of with out adding a dog and another man as well as herself. I am amazed your husband agreed. You should ask her as your employer what kind of benefits does she offer, vacation time and pay, work hours and days off. I f she says your being unreasonable or ridiculous tell her you feel the same way about her offer. Sorry I can't be of more help. I'll be praying for you and keep your head up. Tell your DH how you really feel and if he would do it if it was your mom asking this of him.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 3:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Have you and your hubby sat down and talked to your mother-in law about how you are both feeling,maybe suggest a roster where everyone chips in and shares the work load and maybe suggest that your mother in law babysit free of charge,while you or hubby try and find differant work do some volunteer work to gain experience,depending on what you want to do,iam a single mum and i make roughly $700.00 to $800.00a fortnight sometimes less and i pay 600 dollars a month in rent plus expensives yes its hard and i have 3 teens,and they are still at school and work casual jobs but dont make enough to pay me rent,i would say try and find something you enjoy doing as in work wise,and thinking postive it will work out in the end.:)
    jules70707

Answer by jules70707 at 3:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• That sounds to me like a hella of a good deal. I would love to do that and have my rent paid. As a momma and wife i do all these things every single day plus work a full time job. So being home with your child and cleaning doing laundry and cooking all for your rent sounds like a great deal to me. She isn't asking for a whole lot YOU and YOUR FAMILY are LIVING with HER, IN HER HOME.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Hm but the whole thing sounds mean to me, if you and your spouse partake in this NEW JOB, then it's OK,but for Goodness sake! Does it mean that she can't help you guys till you found your feet again without being a SHYLOCK!
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 4:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It's her way of driving you out of the house, either pay up the rent or you and that son of hers split the chores, he gets 3 days of her slavery and you get 3 days of her slavery and split the one day...under no circumstances do you do everything, the man needs to help as well. but you could always try to budget things and make a plan to move out.
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 9:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2010