Whats the best homemade gift you have ever received or made?

My grandma made me a baby quilt for my daughter! I barely used it bc I want to save it and pass it on to her!

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 3:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• About 10 yrs ago or so, early on in my relationship with DH before we got married (we were back together about 3 yrs) I made his whole family home-made ornaments, and they still talk about them to this day. I worked at Michael's at the time & that's where I got the idea. You get a box or 2 of plain clear glass ornaments & some craft paint, take off the little ornament cap, then drip some paint inside and swirl it around. It creates this REALLY COOL tie-dyed look, but the paint is all on the INSIDE. I used all different colors with silver and gold mixed in. Then I used a paint pen to write the year on the front and gave them as gifts to everyone in the family. Like I said they STILL have them and mention them to me every year. I haven't been able to top that yet. :\ So every year I feel I disappoint myself for not being able to come up with something cooler than that. :D
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• my mom made me a blanket that she crochayed (spelling?) for me while i was prego with my son.....she did the same for my son when he was born and she made one for my daugher as well.....then my daughter passed away in 2007 and my mom told me to put Haley's blanket in the casket but i didnt have the heart to do it.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• All the BEAUTIFUL artwork my children make for me!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My grandmother always knitted sweaters and matching hats when my son growing up through his first year and a half of life. I got to know the UPS man very well...lol.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• When I had my son there was a blizzard in our area, our neighbors figured it out and snow blowered our driveway. It was the best gift ever, as my son and I could go home into our own house and relax.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 8:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I've done that too smallfry05 my kids still have theirs and hang them up every year. Another craft we all did together was I took a small jar lid, painted it, found a picture from a previous year cut it out to fit inside the lid. super glued a pop tab on the back to hang it with marked the year it was taken on the back of the lid with a glitter pen and hung it on our tree. The tree was full of great memories to share and remember for years to come. When me and my ex moved here to Ky all the kids got the ones they wanted and are still carring on that tradition today
    Elaine1960

Answer by Elaine1960 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2010