Can you fall back in love with your husband?

Do any of you fall out of love with your husbands or boyfriends?And can you fall back in love all over again? How?

Mrs.Norris

Asked by Mrs.Norris at 3:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Sure, relationships have many phases. There are hard patches in all of them. I think we have to decide if the relationship is worth the work. If the answer is yes, then think about what made you fall in love with your husband. If he isn't as attentive as he used to be try doing things for him, maybe you aren't either and he will notice the nice things and want to return the favor. For hubby and me we just need to spend alone time together once in a while. Leave the stress of the kids, work, parents, etc at home for a few hours.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'd have to agree with kileighsmommie. I through times where I'm so unbelievably in love with him, I can't contain myself. It just happens, I guess. There are times that I don't like him or he annoys me but I don't see that as "falling out of love".
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 4:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You have to look for the things you first fell in love with.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I agree that if you "fall out of love" you can definitely fall back in love.. there must have been something in the first place that made you fall in love. I sometimes get that feeling of do i or don't i with my boyfriend especially when times are more stressful than others. We even took a break for about a month, but both realized that we were supposed to be together so I think that we fell back in love even if we weren't really not feeling each other at the moment, if that makes sense.
    lmarvick

Answer by lmarvick at 8:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• In the beginning of a romantic relationship there is a stage of infatuation. Infatuation is the state of being completely carried away by unreasoned passion or love; addictive love. Usually, one is inspired with an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone (Wikipedia) I think this stage can last different lengths for different people, but I read in book once it can last up to 2 years! (I think it was mostly directed at teens) - Anyways I think if you've been in a relationship with someone past the infatuation stage then you have learned how to love someone by choice and not just by feeling. So if you think you've fallen out of love with someone there is a good chance you and your partner have things in your life that are pushing you apart and not allowing each other to learn and grow. So what you gotta do is spend time with each other and do things for each other without expecting anything in return.
    CariBou11

Answer by CariBou11 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Um sometimes I hate him and wish he was gone, Then sometimes I look at him and still see that man I feel In Love with, So I don't think for me its really falling out of love. I think its boredom or he irritates me. I sometimes think too what would life look like without him, Then i get sad and remember I dont want to loose him...
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 4:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Absolutely! You can fall back in love with your husband. I believe real love is a CHOICE, it is not a feeling. When you start choosing to love someone, do special things for him, focus on the good and the things you appreciate about him, you can "fall back in love."

micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• BUMP
    lmarvick

Answer by lmarvick at 8:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2010