How can I let me mother in law know how i feel?

My mother in law treats my daughter different then my step son. She has not been in my daughters life for the first year and a half and hardly at all now and she is 3. She gets my step son whatever he wants and my daughter gets nothing. What should i do? I am starting to hate her and i dont hate nobody...

Mrs.Norris

Asked by Mrs.Norris at 3:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Some people are like that, i hate to say it but its true i have a friend who has 2 kids by two different women and his mom treats his first born (who happens to be his son) better then she does his daughter, and its because she wanted his first babys mom to be a part of the family and hated the second one.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Sadly, a lot of mixed families are like this! When my husband was little his mother remarried and his mother and stepfather had 3 more children. His grandparents on his stepfathers side treated him like crap. They had been around him since before he was 4, so it wasn't like he was older. At Christmas they would get gifts for all the kids EXCEPT my husband. My MIL complains about it now but never did anything about it then. I would say talk to your husband and see if he is seeing the same thing. Then depending on your relationship with your MIL, either talk to her yourself or have your husband talk to her. It isn't right to do that to a child!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Have u talked to ur hubby about it? Is it her sons biological daughter?
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 3:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Either talk to her about it, or let it go.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My MIL refused to let my SIL's step children call her anything but her first name. She doesn't include them in her list of grandchildren or their children in her great grandchildren - but she has no problem constantly asking them to do for her. Some people are just closed minded and hateful like that. I'm sorry you and your daughter have to deal with it, but I really don't know how to fix it. Have you talked with hubby? Maybe he can talk to her.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010