i hate my mother-in-law i hate her so much there is no more space for more hate anymore...

i hate her s0o much i cnnt see her talk to her nothing..she did some stuff to me in the passed that i cant forgive her..but in the other hand she my husband mother -- i want to be able to have a good realationship with her but idk how.. any hlp or advise for me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Let it go. You aren't hurting anyone but yourself (and probably your kids) by holding on to the past. Forgiveness isn't about letting the other person off the hook but allowing yourself to not be consumed with the issue. Talk to her, write her a letter, if you feel the need to get the issues out in the open. But harboring hate over the past only impedes YOUR future.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Her hate is not just hurting her, it's also hurting her husband I am sure..
    No matter how you feel about this woman, no doubt your husband loves her.. If you can't get over it for yourself, do it for your husband.. He's worth it isn't he?
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 5:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• good answere hobbitswife04! She really needs to talk to her and get it all out on the table, even though thats gonna be really hard.Sometimes its easier to write a letter that way they have to hear everything you have to say before they can argue.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I understand how you feel. I tried for the first 10 years of our marriage to forgive and forget with that woman. She would tell hubby lies about me, talk down to me and expect free reign of our home. She insisted that she have a key to our home and would let herself in whenever but even we lived with them I was not allowed a key to her home. She has a huge block between hubby and me because he did not see how bad she was (she was a lot worse when he was not around). Finally, for our 10th anniversary I gave myself a present. I decided that I would no longer let her ruin my life. I stopped answering her calls during the day, did not share anything about myself, removed her from my life as much as possible. Yes, I still see her, and yes, she is still a thorn in my side, but when I stopped trying so hard to make her like me, I finally got peace and because I'm not stressed about it hubby and I are doing much better.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You need to tolerate her, and be respectful of her. She is your husband's mother, and he loves her. You don't have to like her, but you do have to be polite.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My mother in law hated me to hun and not only did she take her dislike out on me but also our children and that's were I drew a line and had my husband open his blind eyes to how she treated her OWN flesh and blood because of what she thought about me and my age difference from her son. (18yrs) I was always polite to her and did not talk badly of the women until our three year old wanted to be told why his grandma would not talk to him when daddy took him for a visit, wanted to no why she did not hug him and say I love you back to him. It broke my heart! Well needless to say my hubby did talk with her and she changed her ways but died to years after that and our son really never new her is the shame of it all.
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 10:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Please forgive her and let bygone be bygone.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 12:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2010