is it wrong to be scared to tell

Ok i just wana Give you some background info on why i am afraid to tell my father the news about my pregnancy. i'm 21 Now. when i was 16 I got pregnant with my son. when i told my dad he was so disappointed and upset but he got over it. eventually. but i just don't wanna see the same look of disappointment on his face when i tell him. i'm in a committed relationship, I have a job and i'm an adult but i don't think that will matter. anyway is it wrong for me to have someone else tell him? Or should i just tell him myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's not wrong to be scared like you're describing, but I think it will hurt things more than help if he hears it from someone other than you. Maybe you can sit down with him and another family member/friend or two, so you have someone else there for support?
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I think that I would be surprised if he wasn't disappointed. As long as he gets over it and gives you the support you need that is all that matters. You will feel better if you tell him so this issue isn't eating away at you. Believe me. Tell him as soon as you can that way he doesn't get upset you didn't tell him sooner. Good Luck!
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Tell him yourself. It sounds like you're doing well in your life. No offense but your dad shouldn't have anything to be disappointed about at this point. Congrats on the baby!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I was 21 when I got pregnant my first time. I was in a committed relationship, living together, we had a dog, and I was 3 quarters away from getting my Associate's degree. I was terrified to tell my dad. I knew he would be disappointed. He was at first and told me that he just wants me to finish school. He got over the disappointment. I wanted to tell him myself because I thought if someone else did that he would repress the feelings he was having. My dad eventually wanted to hear about the pregnancy and now he just loves his grandson. He is a happy grandpa. Your dad will be glad to have another grandchild. You will feel better once you tell him. Good luck and congrats!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 3:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• you shoudl tell him yourself. he should not b disappointed. your in agood relationship and you have a job to support the baby, right? but most definaletly, TELL HIM YOURSELF!
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• maybe ask him, when do u think I should have another baby?? or would u be mad if I was pregnant again?
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 6:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2008