a Non CIO method to help her sleep through the night

My LO is almost 8 months old. Her bedtime is about 19:30. She wakes up at 21:00 and then roughly at 23:00. I found that a little bit of rocking helps her get back to sleep these two times. If I don't respond, she cries louder and louder and will awake fully and then take long to back to sleep. She also then wakes up at about 2:00am for a feed (I've tried giving her water but she won't go back to sleep unless she gets milk). Another feed at 6:00am. The problem is that I work during the day and it's taking it's toll. She's a very sensitive baby, so I need to find a non CIO method. Anybody experiencing/ed the same thing? Any advice?

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 4:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try some ginger tea before bed, boiling the root till the water is dark in color, is like a natural sleep aid, it may work, its no harmful, and you could use some suger to sweeten it
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• She is still young! All my children went through periods when they didn't sleep through the night. My 11 month old is currently up about 4 times at night to nurse (this from the child that slept 8 hours at night almost as soon as he was born)! It is normal!

Keep doing what you are doing with the feedings and rocking. If you feed her and she doesn't drink much, then you know she isn't really hungry, so stick to the rocking. But if she is hungry and eats it all, she most likely still NEEDS to be up at night. Every baby is different.

Eventually she will start to sleep more. I promise!! There are days I don't know how I make it I am SO exhausted. We have four little ones and when they are sick (like this last week) I barely sleep at all.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Can dad take one of these wakeups? Because at the moment you're at "as good as it gets" for mom without dad's help.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010