Sisters

I have a sister that is younger than I am by 5 years. When she was 18 and i was 23 we got into a fist fight due to the way she treated my mother. Our relatonship was none exsistant. We finally quit talking altogether in 1997 and reconnected in 2005. I wrote her a poem and was sincere about having a relationship with her and she actd as if she didn't want a relationship with me. I was so hurt at her reaction which was really no reaction. I live 4 states away from her so I went home and tended to my own famil and left her alone. She found me on facebook and now she wants a relationship. To be in constant communication but i don't feel the same way. I told her I would try but i couldn't promise anything cause I had my own family and was very busy at times. I try to call my mom every day but sometimes it's hard to fit that call in but i never go two days with out calling her. I might be wrong but that's the way my sis wanted it.

suelo74

Asked by suelo74 at 5:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell her that you felt the same way about reconnecting a few years ago, and she wasn't ready. So now that she's ready, you need a little more time because you weren't expecting this. Take it really slow like PPs said. If she really wants to reconnect, she'll understand and give you the space you need. Good luck!
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Give it a chance.. Take it slow, and try not to have too many expectations.. Good luck..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 6:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Good luck. Family issues are never fun.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, I suggest "baby steps." You have to remember she is now where you were when you initiated the first initial reconnecting-She now, is matured a little and wants it as well. Just take the small steps and see how it goes...the both of you will have to work at the building process, BUT if you both want a relationship together you both will have to play your parts. Good Luck to you! I can't imagine not talking to my sister.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, baby steps and see what happens. Only do what feels right. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No,I'm no asking a question more like venting. Your more than welcomed to leave your opinion. Thank you
    suelo74

Comment by suelo74 (original poster) at 5:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• wow, good luck
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Are you asking a question?
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 5:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2010