Cosleeping Mommas

What age did you stop cosleeping? Was it hard to get your little one out of your bed?

EverydayMomma

Asked by EverydayMomma at 6:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• my boys stopped around grade school but i still let them in bed on weekends to watch cartoons.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• never heard that term before. No after 8YO, it broke my heart a little, but I had to make the boys stop, they were just getting too big and I didn't want bad habits or over-dependence starting. It was a fun time in their younger lives, but some things have to end. Plus they wouldn't sleep, they'd just play and not let us sleep.

Sadly with the Autism, its US having to get them to outgrow things, rather than the usual way.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My 17 yr old stopped sleeping with us at 3 yr old, at that time I was working 2nd shift so she'd be asleep by the time i got home in her own bed I don't think she had a hard time. My 12yr old stopped sleeping with us at 1 yr old by her choice she wanted to sleep with baby in the crib. My 11 yr old never liked sleeping with us. when i put her in the bed with us she would cry to sleep in the crib. i thought maybe it was cause she was in the hospital off and on til she was 4 months old and was use to having her own space. My 10 yr old slept in the crib cause i moved it in to my room would let him fall asleep in my arms and then put him in the crib I was lucky he would sleep all night other than getting up for that 2 am feeding then go back to sleep. I think it's harder now keeping them out of my bed. They say there's just something about sleeping in our bed and if we get up they go climb in or want just to cuddle.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 6:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2010