Should abortion be advertised?

Do you think that abortion as an acceptable option should be advertised to women? Federal aid will not go to any group that advertises abortion as an option. what's your opinion?

BoundHearts

Asked by BoundHearts at 6:33 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I do not think it should be advertised. While I personally think it is a woman's choice what she is going to do, I think kids will get the wrong message if we start putting commercials on TV or Mag's saying that abortion is an option. I think advertising for Planned Parenthood or places like this fine, even if they give advice about abortion.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Not in regular media. I would expect to see something at a women's clinic or planned parenthood as PP said, but I do not want to see it in areas that will give children the idea that it's acceptable. I also think if proabortion commercial were to be allowed we would see the antiabortion commercials, which in my opinion, would contain graphic images I also do not think kids should see.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I do not think that has any place on public television. It is a personal matter, and a "hot button issue" as well. Children should not be exposed to that kind of thing.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't think is should be on public tv ether.I don't agree with it how ever I do not put people down for doing it.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Maybe not advertised, but I'm sure women know that it's an open and a choice for them.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No it should not be advertised!!!!!!
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• This is going to sound strange coming from a women with 4 kids but I could give a shit about abortion to put it midly. I believe that we have bigger issues that the entire nation could rally around but that no one ever forms groups to talk about? Like how come everyone in congress steals crap? How come no one marches to remove the crooks from office? Everyone(sane anyway) would agree that its a good idea to keep congress clean but no one does a damn thing about it. So yep I couldn't careless about abortion.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Why not? Abortion is legal, regardless of people wishing it wasn't. How would advertising it be any different from advertising any other medical service?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, it should be advertised. People need to know what their options are and how attainable these options may be.
    Keep abortion legal!
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I dont think it should be advertised and the people who do shouldn't get any help from the government. Anyone who kills another person should be put in prison. There options are to use birth control correctly, be educated on sex, and adoption. Everyone whos had an abortion should be sat and forced to watch what really happened as their child had their brain sucked out of their head and their limbs cut off, or they were poisoned and burned to death while still in the womb. A bit to graffic for you? Good! I hope so. Regardless of being raped that child was ment to be here and there is a family out there that would love them if you dont.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2010