For the peeps that think being gay is a choice.

If the tables were turned and it was against your beliefs to be straight, would you be able to turn away from your sinfull straightness and be gay like you should? When did you make the conscious choice to be straight instead of gay? Since gay people make the choice to be gay, then you as a straight person must have made the choice to be straight right? I want to know when you said to yourself, "I choose to like dick and not vajayjays" Just wondering.

circle_of_life

Asked by circle_of_life at 7:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree, hoever I do have to say those that do it for experimentation or variety (or whatever their issue is) are doing that out of choice.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I feel that as a straight woman, I cannot say wether it is a choice or not. I have met some homosexuals who claim that they were born that way, and some who claim it was a coice they have made. Who am I to say, they are wrong? If that is the way they feel? I think it is time to admit that maybe there are those who choose to be gay, and ther are some who feel they were born that way.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Here is what you will hear:
    "I choose everyday to have sex with my spouse. It's not something that "just happens". Its my choice whether I have sex with him or not. WE can all choose to act on our sexual impulses or not. "

I'm guessing then that those same people have to make a conscious choice to NOT have gay sex?! LOL
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• "I think it is time to admit that maybe there are those who choose to be gay, and ther are some who feel they were born that way. "

Absolutely
    sahmamax2

• Good question but here you will never get a straight answer, no one in their right mind would choose this hard life, and those that say they chose, will eventually stray back to their true orientation, just like gays do sometimes....

Answer by older at 7:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• This is one of those questions that there really isn't an answer to - is being gay a "choice"? I believe it depends on the person. I believe that some people are born that way, it's just them. There was never a choice, it is natural for them to be attracted to their own sex, just as it is for straights to be attracted to the opposite sex. Others - they are experimenting, looking for attention, etc; eventually they find that it isn't what makes them happy.

Sexuality isn't as black and white as some thing to think it is.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Anyone can choose to be gay,straight,or non sexual.It all depends on what's going on with your mind and emotions.
    Someone on this thread said,"I think it is time to admit that maybe there are those who CHOOSE to be gay,and there are some who FEEL they were born that way." Pay attention to the words I capitalized.It all has to do with choice and emotions.We can make wrong choices,and we all know that sometimes our emotions can get twisted and all out of whack.It's emotion that will cause a mother to smack her little child in the face.She may not have made the conscious choice to do so.But still,it was wrong to do.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 8:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Sexuality is fluid. And I do believe it to be more of a spectrum where people can land anywhere. Very straight to straight with homosexual tendencies to bi sexual to bisexual with a strong preference for one over the other to gay and everywhere in between. I think those few gay people who say they made the choice really fall somewhere in the middle between being absolutely straight or absolutely gay. So although I don't think it's exactly black and white, I don't believe that an absolutely straight person can ever make the choice to be attracted to the same sex in any way just as an absolutely gay person can never make the choice to be attracted to the opposite sex.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't believe anyone is born gay. But we are born into sin which puts temptation there at an early age whether it's stealing, lying, or being gay. Just my opinion!
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 8:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• See, you'll never get an answer to that question. You'll get whining, and accusations, possibly even some bible verses thrown at you, but one thing you will never see is anyone who claims it's a choice and is also willing to answer the actual question "when did you choose to be straight?"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010